Sunday, November 9, 2008

Thankful for

Totally swiping from Sarah's blog I think it's a great idea to take stock of all of the things you are thankful for. I'm thankful Sarah is such an inspiring friend with her awesome mothering skills, her many talents like sewing and writing and cooking...and her being all smarty smart with computers. She seems to do it all. Check out the Emily Dyer collection and see what that lucky girl gets to wear! Talk about a designer wardrobe!
But 'nuff said...on to what I'm thankful for today. It's a dark and cold one out there. But I'm thankful to see some of my favorite painting scenes in the sky. The blue grey blustery snow looking sky (and that great crisp smell in the air) countered by bright yellow leaves still on the trees and warm earth underfoot. The ground ain't cold yet nor is it frozen. That makes it so much more wonderful for bundling up in a coat and big scarf and going for a walk. And I'm thankful to have a nice warm house to come back into after I go for a walk. I'm all inspired to paint nature and stuff.

No comments: