Monday, October 22, 2007

Halloween Treats

So, like I said before, I've been trying to get this blog in order for years.I have a pinatas worth of art and pix I've been waiting to bust open and share.SO much Halloween to jam into so little time! Right now I'm juggling working on my new project Magic Trixie ( a series of painted comics from Harper Collins due out in 2008 if my rambunctious right arm doesn't give out on me for good), getting jack o'lanterns carved and pumpkin seeds roasted, cobbling together my Halloween costume and making seasonal treats. I love to do something gothy and classic for Halloween. Everyone thinks I'm dressing as a witch even when I'm not around this time of year... SO, last year I was a Ghostly Spirit. And, no one thought I was a witch. Which was a first. I wanted to get a couple pix of my costume, but with no tripod (and 9 minutes left on my battery) so I set my camera on our mantle with the timer set and then ran over to the space I thought I had focused it on. I took a bunch because I was never sure if I was in the shot or not and I didn't want to waste my battery. I slipped and skidded and struck a ghostie pose in the downtime between trick or treaters. So I was pleasantly suprised to find that I had inadvertantly taken some special effects shots!
Even the eerie green of my glow stick heart was captured.




No comments: