Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Miss Betty


Betty the dog has left our earth. You will remember her as Hannah's dog, in the Scary Godmother books. She was a stout and velvety girl with dainty pins and clicky toenails. She could bite a rock in half with her terrifyingly powerful jaws and she ate Lux's shoe on the day Jimmy and Sue got married. She liked to lay upon my legs (pin me down) when we visited for Christmas and she always let Sarah floop on her. Hannah called her the "foof" when she was a toddler and I still think of her as a foof. (that was Hannah speak for 'woof'). I hope she's chasing rabbits and sleeping in front of the fireplace and getting all of the treats...

6 comments:

jim said...

What a lovely portrait. A fitting tribute I'm sure.

Richard said...

Our condolences Jill. I came to your blog via Heidi excited over news of Magic Trixie and wanting to share it with my daughter who's a huge fan of Scary Godmother. But I had to tinge the news with sadness over your loss. Molly and I think the picture of Miss Betty is a lovely memory of her.

Amanda Vazquez said...

Hi!
I don’t know if you remember, but a couple years ago I gave to you a handmade Spanish Recipe’s book in Barcelona's Comic Convention. Did you use it?
Now I’ve published my first illustrated Cooking book. No joking, you can check it here.
http://www.amazon.ca/Mama-como-pone-expres-pot-ready/dp/8425517796
I’ll be pleased to send you a copy, recipes are written in easy Spanish.
Regards!

Jeff said...

Sorry to hear about this, Jill. "To own a dog is to know that one day you will cry."

I wish you all the best.

mistress mousey said...

/pout

She sounded like a total sweetie.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your drawings especial the dog watercolor very life like and petable. Check out my pet blog.
Would appreciate a comment or two. Happy Holidays to you and yours. I do plan on visiting or just dropping by for a look seek. Best Longfield...
http://dogs-cats-prrfect.blogspot.com/