Saturday, February 23, 2008

186 pages down...186 pages left to go...

I finally finished Magic Trixie #2. Break out the champage and chocolate! After months of life throwing horrible obstacles in my path...I packed up the final spot illos yesterday and sent them off to Harper Collins! Yay! So. One hundred and eighty six pages of painted art in the can ( minus covers and title page art and spot illos) and only one hundred and eighty six left to go. And, while I am very pleased with Miss Magic Trixie and her monstery pals. I can honestly say, I wouldn't mind a plain old pen and ink vacation! It will be lovely to go to a convention in Spain next week and do some pencil drawings. I do not know why I didn't think that drawing and painting 372 pages would not be a bit daunting...it seemed like a breeze at the time. But, I will be very proud of myself once I've finished all my books. Really, I think it's at about the 53 page mark that your brain goes..."Isn't this enough? Whaddaya mean I have another 40 pages to go? You must be insane!"
So I will be happy to recharge my batteries with some travel and photographing and walking and meeting new people...( do I have my watercolor travel book ready to go? Yes...I always do...but those will be different. It will be non deadline related art...and maybe monochromatic even) or doodles! Probably done while sitting in a cafe over a glass of wine or something... So, here are some of the fruits of my labor shrunk down to uploading size...I'd love to share all of them with you, but you'll have to wait til July when Magic Trixie #1 comes out.
And, thanks to my neighbor Teresa's birthday, I did get to celebrate with champagne and cupcakes. Sure it was for her birthday, but my "take one home with you", breakfast cupcake was all for Magic Trixie!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hokey smokes! My brain would have jumped on that after the first story!

You need to have scheduled something in-between. "Return of the Invisibles" or some such...

CJ Conway said...

Rest that shoulder in Spain! Lift the Rioja with the LEFT hand. Maybe you could just leave your right arm at home to keep the piglet company...Congrats on finishing.

Miko said...

Yay! Jill, your endurance keeps me in awe. But it's also a motivation when I am too tired to do my own *significantly less amount of* work.

I knew you'd been busy, but lunch/coffee soon? heheh.

The Trixies look more than great as usual. Do have fun in spain and eat a lot of olives!

Jill Thompson said...

Miko,
I got a wretched cold that weekend (or more correctly that 5 day weekend) so I apologize. Art/coffee/ thingie when I return.

denism said...

Lovely pages!
Denis